Modifications of Court Orders and Contempt

Navigate court order modifications and file contempt claims confidently with our expert legal guidance and strategic counsel. Your rights protected.

You don’t have to suffer with a parenting plan or support order that’s out of step with the needs of your growing children and changing family circumstances.

We can help take your case back to Massachusetts family court to seek a modification of child custody, parenting plan or child support order based on your changing needs

Call the North Attleboro family law attorneys at Buckley Desrosiers & Associates, P.C., for help at (508) 222-5352.

Modifying Family Court Orders

It’s not uncommon to ask for a change to a family court order but you will need to go back to court to prove to a judge that there has been a significant change in circumstances.

Our family lawyers can do that with you. We regularly appear in Bristol County family court to help clients when:

  • An increase or decrease in income means that a child support order needs to change
  • A child’s needs change or the conditions of a parenting plan change (such as starting or ending child care, a new medical issue or educational program to meet a special need, a change in parental work schedule)
  • A parent wants to move out of town or out of state and wants to relocate the child
  • An ex-spouse remarries so a support-paying spouse wants to end alimony payments

Depending on the kind of modification you are seeking, you may be facing an uphill battle, but we’ll be there fighting for you every step of the way!

Parental relocation cases are particularly challenging.

You need an experienced lawyer on your side to build a strong case for why this move is in your child’s best interest.

Even if you are currently the primary custodial parent, if the other parent contests the move you will need to fight it in court. The judge will consider many factors, including:

  • Educational opportunities for the child
  • Family financial stability
  • Ability to maintain a relationship with the other parent
  • Contact and relationships with extended family and friends 

Enforcing Family Court Orders

Getting a court order is one thing; getting the other person to fulfill their part of the agreement can be quite another.

Our lawyers do what it takes to get relief for clients in cases involving:

  • Nonpayment of child support – garnishing wages or tax refunds
  • Problems with court-ordered visitation with a child
  • Failure to provide health insurance for a child as specified in a custody agreement
  • Failure to pay alimony or to turn over property specified in a divorce decree
  • Failure to properly divide a pension

Our lawyers have extensive trial court experience so if your court order needs to go before a judge, we’re ready.

All rights reserved. Buckley Desrosiers & Associates P.C.

© 2024

We need your consent to load the translations

We use a third-party service to translate the website content that may collect data about your activity. Please review the details and accept the service to view the translations.